Oceanographers looking to work and live in the South West….. We are on the hunt for talented Oceanographers to join our South Devon team to help us deliver innovative, and challenging oceanographic and marine survey projects worldwide.
Partrac, a leading provider of oceanographic survey and consultancy, is seeking to recruit Field Oceanographers with 2-3 years commercial oceanography experience., based at their Devon facility.
As part of the measurement team, you will be experienced in metocean survey, including the preparation and deployment of oceanographic equipment. Tenacity, flexibility, attention to detail and an ability to be positive and focused in a range of challenging environments are essential characteristics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform and assist with oceanographic and marine survey planning, survey mobilisation, deployments, equipment calibrations, servicing, fault finding/problem solving and improving data quality.
- Adhere to and contribute to Partrac’s QHSE management system.
- Work closely and effectively with project managers, oceanographers, geophysicists, geoscientists and hydrographers on large scale projects.
A degree (or equivalent) in Oceanography, Marine Science, Hydrographic Survey, or a related field is desired. The ideal candidate will have experience with some or all of the following: –
- Strong awareness and experience of industry QHSE requirements.
- Oceanographic mooring deployments.
- Knowledge of wave, current and tide monitoring equipment.
- Vessel Mounted ADCP transect surveys.
- CTD profiling.
- Resolve equipment software, hardware and data communication issues.
- RTK positioning and associated navigation / survey software.
- Conducting Single-beam and/or multibeam hydrographic surveys including equipment setup.
- Competence in Microsoft Office packages.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work reliably both independently and in a team environment.
- Be flexible with time and have a willingness to travel for projects, often at short notice.
Desired Training and Certifications: –
- BOSIET/STCW/GWO sea survival certificate.
- Offshore First-Aid.
- Offshore Medical.
- Slinging/Rigging/Banksman training.
- CSCS Card.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and skills.
The position will be at Partrac’s Devon facility.
Start date TBD.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter telling us why you want to work for Partrac and how your skills and experience will benefit our team.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ref: OCEANSW
Closing date for applications, 31st October 2018.