Looking for a new challenge? We are on the hunt for a talented coastal scientist to join our Newcastle team to deliver specialist coastal consulting services for a wide range of renewable and infrastructure projects.
Partrac, a leading provider of oceanographic survey and geomarine consultancy is seeking to recruit a passionate Coastal Scientist to be based in their Newcastle Office. The Coastal Scientist will be work in our marine and consulting team working on a wide range of coastal process and geomorphological projects for offshore wind, coastal infrastructure and ports/dredging projects.
A highly motivated and technical team-player who is methodical, organised, and logical, the successful candidate will have the organisational and interpersonal skills to be able to work on multidisciplinary projects in a small team. You will be a post-graduate an a relevant discipline (e.g. Oceanography, Marine Sciences, Physical Geography) or a closely related field.
The successful candidate will possess excellent scientific written and verbal communication skills, highly numerate and IT literate with acute attention to detail and a passion for excellence.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent technical knowledge of coastal / marine processes and geomorphology;
- Being a self-starter, able to work both independently and as part of the team;
- A confident and professional manner;
- A high expectation of performance for themselves and other team members;
- Customer focused with excellent relationship management skills;
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- The ability to adhere to and contribute to Partrac’s QHSE management system.
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Oceanography, Marine Sciences, Physical Geography) or a closely related field;
- A Master’s and/or PhD in a relevant discipline. In lieu of Master’s/PhD, 2-3 years of relevant work experience;
- A demonstrated focus on coastal and marine processes (oceanographic, sedimentary, geomorphic);
- Demonstrated capabilities in quantitative assessment and technical analysis;
- Familiarity and experience with commonly used numerical modelling packages (e.g. MIKE, Delft, SWAN) and GIS would be advantageous;
- A valid UK driving licence and be willing and available to travel across the UK and occasionally overseas, if required.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and skills.
The position will be at Partrac’s central Newcastle upon Tyne office.
Start date: Spring 2019 (negotiable).
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter telling us why you want to work for Partrac and how your skills and experience will benefit our team.
Email: email@example.com Ref: COASTALSCI
Closing date for applications, 31st March 2019.