Looking for a new challenge? We are on the hunt for a talented data analyst to join our Newcastle team to deliver specialist marine and coastal consulting services for a wide range of renewable and infrastructure projects.
Partrac, a leading provider of oceanographic and geoscience survey and consultancy is seeking to recruit a dedicated Marine and Coastal Scientist / Data Analyst to be based in their Newcastle Office. The appointee will work in their consulting team working on a wide range of marine and coastal process assessments, seabed mobility and morphology studies, supporting clients in the delivery of an exciting portfolio of coastal and offshore projects.
A highly motivated and technical team-player who is methodical, organised, and logical, the successful candidate will have the organisational and interpersonal skills to be able to work on multiple, complex projects as part of a small team. You will ideally be educated to post-graduate level in a relevant discipline (e.g. Oceanography, Marine Sciences, Physical Geography) or a closely related field.
The successful candidate will possess excellent scientific written and verbal communication skills, be highly numerate and proficient in processing/analysing a wide range of data (including metocean, geophysical and geotechnical data), with acute attention to detail and a passion for excellence.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent technical knowledge of coastal / marine processes and geomorphology;
- Proficiency in programming and the usage of software such as R, Python, MATLAB and GIS.
- Ability as a self-starter, working both independently and as part of the team;
- A confident and professional manner;
- High expectations of performance for both themselves and other team members;
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Oceanography, Marine Sciences, Physical Geography, Coastal Engineering) or a closely related field;
- A Master’s and/or PhD in a relevant discipline. In lieu of Master’s/PhD, 2-3 years of relevant work experience;
- A demonstrated focus on coastal and marine processes (oceanographic, sedimentary, geomorphic), or coastal engineering;
- Demonstrated capabilities in quantitative assessment and analysis of marine and coastal data;
- Proficiency with Matlab and QGIS;
- Familiarity and experience with commonly used numerical modelling packages (e.g. MIKE, Delft, SWAN), would be advantageous;
- A valid UK driving licence and be willing and available to travel across the UK and occasionally overseas, if required.
More senior applicants will be considered. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skills.
The position would ordinarily be located at Partrac’s central Newcastle upon Tyne office. However, under the current COVID-19 constraints, the position will be based at the candidate’s home/a remote working location.
Start date: Q4-2020/Q1-2021 (negotiable).
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter telling us why you want to work for Partrac and how your skills and experience will benefit our team.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ref: COASTALSCI Closing date for applications, 30th November, 2020.