Partrac is a growing metocean company based in UK. We have an exciting opportunity for a Metocean Engineer/Oceanographic Technician to join our expanding team.
Partrac are Europe’s leading independent metocean provider for the renewables and low-carbon industries. We are known for delivering high quality and safe metocean monitoring campaigns to the growing renewable industries across Europe and have worked on every floating windfarm in the UK to date.
We have a culture of continual improvement, teamwork and openness. For candidates with the right aptitude there are opportunities to be involved across a range of exciting projects, obtain training and grow with the company.
What you will be doing:
- Planned and preventative maintenance, test and inspection, calibration and set up of a wide variety of specialist instrumentation and oceanographic moorings, ready for deployment in the marine environment.
- Adherence to project management systems e.g. QHSE procedures, accurate completion of project and equipment documentation to maintain ISO accreditation.
- Participate in project mobilisations and servicing of seabed systems, metocean buoys and fixed systems such as wave radar and tide gauges.
- Assistance with the preparation of project documentation in line with legislation and regulation, industry best practice and client requirements
- Preparation of factual survey reports to a high standard with strict deadlines
What you will have:
- Educated to level 3 or above in science, engineering, electrical or mechanical installations
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a technical or engineering role
- Experience with writing Risk Assessments & Method Statements
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and sensors, data loggers and instrument interfaces with IT and telemetry systems.
- Fluent in English (spoken, reading and writing) Clear and confident communicator
- Full driving licence
What you will bring:
- Demonstrable experience in the practical delivery of technical projects, including equipment knowledge, engineering design and experience with the deployment/installation of instrumentation in coastal and offshore environments.
- Practical workboat experience, including lifting operations
- Systematic and methodical approach with a fine attention to detail.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A Willingness to travel, predominantly UK and Europe, you will be flexible and adaptable due to the working patterns, changing with the weather and vessel availability.
- A positive pro-active attitude
What you’ll get:
Balance is important at Partrac. The metocean department is based in Devon, in the heart of the south west, within striking distance of Dartmoor and amazing surf beaches. As well as new challenges, Partrac is a supportive workplace with opportunities for progression, we offer:
- Working in a market leading team with a high level of industry recognition
- A company with an excellent track record in a range of industries
- A friendly, supportive team
- A resilient company that is expanding in growth markets
- Competitive salary + benefits
- Project allowances
– Please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com telling us why you want to work for Partrac and how your skills and experience will benefit our team.
– Ref: METOCEANSW
– Closing Date 1st April 2021
– Start date Q2 2021