Call for Oceanographers / Metocean Engineers to join Partrac’s expanding team.
Partrac, a leading provider of marine survey and consultancy, is seeking to recruit experienced Oceanographers and Metocean Engineers, to support our expanding team in the provision of coastal and offshore survey work Worldwide.
The successful candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience of oceanographic survey in a commercial environment, having been involved in the full project cycle in the delivery of metocean projects. This includes project set up including QHSE document preparation, mobilisation, fieldwork, servicing, demobilisation and project closure including survey reporting. Crucial to the role is demonstrable experience in the practical delivery of projects, including excellent equipment knowledge, engineering skills (e.g. basic electronics, engineering design) and above all the authority, knowledge and experience to manage and influence metocean operations on a range of vessels and fixed platforms. You must be adept at problem solving and be able to focus the project delivery on QHSE, technical, programme and commercial goals.
Based at our South West facility, your time will be divided between office-based project preparation work, warehouse work during project mobilisation, and offshore/coastal site work. Site work will be predominantly in the UK and Europe. You must be flexible with time and have a willingness to travel for projects, occasionally at short notice.
Partrac offer a good work-life balance based in the South West, career progression in a range of disciplines and an opportunity to become involved with a nimble, innovative and expanding metocean consultancy company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform and assist with metocean project planning, survey mobilisation, deployments, equipment calibrations, servicing, fault finding, problem solving and improving data quality.
- Knowledge and practical experience of a range of metocean measurement instruments, including programming, servicing and understanding limitations.
- Mobilisation, deployment and servicing of seabed systems, buoy-based measurement systems and fixed systems such as wave radar, etc.
- Experience with real time data transmission systems.
- Adherence to project management systems e.g. QHSE management systems, accurate completion of project and equipment documentation.
- Be confident as a point of contact with clients and subcontractors. – Demonstrate a strong awareness and experience of industry QHSE requirements.
- Prepare accurate and timely survey reports.
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent knowledge of the relevant application software.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
Skills / experience required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in commercial Oceanography/Metocean data acquisition.
- Good scientific report writing.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines. – A degree (or equivalent) in Oceanography, Marine Science, Hydrographic Survey, or a related field.
- English language.
Desired Training and Certifications
- BOSIET/STCW/GWO sea survival certificate.
- Offshore First-Aid.
- Offshore Medical.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and skills.
- The position will be at Partrac’s South West facility, near Exeter.
- Start date – Immediate.
- To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter telling us why you want to work for Partrac and how your skills and experience will benefit our team.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ref: OCEANSW.
- Closing date for applications, 22nd June 2019.