Wave & Tidal
The wave and tidal energy industry has experienced unprecedented growth in the past decade, moving from prototype devices to grid connected demonstration units.
Wave and tidal sites present some unique data acquisition challenges and require innovation and careful planning to provide high-quality data at exposed sites with high current speeds and energetic wave conditions.
Partrac has a strong track record of working with tidal and wave energy developers. We have undertaken numerous tidal resource assessments and environmental surveys at high-energy sites across the UK and Europe.
Partrac provides the following services to the wave and tidal industry:
- Metocean services
- Oceanographic survey
- High resolution bathymetric and geophysical surveys
- Turbulence data acquisition
- Sediment and scour monitoring
- Management of geotechnical investigations
- Baseline environmental survey
- Benthic survey