Partrac is a growing metocean company based in UK. We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Metocean Engineer/Party Chief to join our expanding team.
Partrac are Europe’s leading independent metocean provider for the renewables and low-carbon industries. We are known for delivering high quality and safe metocean monitoring campaigns to the growing renewable industries across Europe and have worked on every floating windfarm in the UK to date.
We have a culture of continual improvement, teamwork and openness. For candidates with the right aptitude there are opportunities to be involved across a range of exciting projects, obtain training and grow with the company.
What you will be doing:
- Take a lead role in improvement of QHSE systems, survey operations and the technical capabilities of the metocean team.
- Leading as party chief on project mobilisations and servicing of seabed systems, metocean buoys and fixed systems such as wave radar and tide gauges.
- Leading metocean engineers on site to deliver safe and successful site operations.
- Planned and preventative maintenance, test, calibration and set up of a wide variety of specialist instrumentation and oceanographic moorings.
- Contributing to improving company QHSE management systems,
- Leading on the preparation of project documentation in line with legislation, industry best practice and client requirements.
- Excelling in on site communication with client and subcontractors.
- Completion of accurate survey operation reports to a high standard.
What you will have:
- Educated to level 5 or above in science, engineering, electrical or mechanical installations
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a technical or engineering role.
- IOSH Supervising Safely (or equivalent)
- Formal lifting qualification (Slinger Signaller or Crane Appointed Person etc.)
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and sensors, data loggers and instrument interfaces with IT and telemetry systems.
- A high level of professionalism
- Willingness to travel, predominantly UK and Europe.
- Fluent in English (spoken, reading and writing) Clear and confident communicator
- Full driving licence
What you will bring:
- Demonstrable experience in the practical delivery of technical projects, including equipment knowledge, engineering design and experience with the deployment/installation of instrumentation in coastal and offshore environments.
- Experience working from various platforms such as ports/quays/small workboats/multicast/anchor handling vessels/offshore installations etc.
- Leadership in industry QHSE requirements and best practice, particularly with high risk activities such as lifting operations.
- Systematic and methodical approach with a fine attention to detail.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll get:
Balance is important at Partrac. The metocean department is based in Devon, in the heart of the south west, within striking distance of Dartmoor and amazing surf beaches. As well as new challenges, Partrac is a supportive workplace with opportunities for progression, we offer:
- Working in a market leading team with a high level of industry recognition
- A company with an excellent track record in a range of industries
- A friendly, supportive team
- A resilient company that is expanding in growth markets
- Competitive salary + benefits
- Project allowances
– Please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com telling us why you want to work for Partrac and how your skills and experience will benefit our team.
– Ref: SENMETSW
– Closing Date 1st February 2021
– Start date Q1 2021