Particle Tracking or Sediment Tracing is a technique which uses uniquely identifiable tracer particles to directly monitor the movement of mineral sediments, soils, anthropogenic particulates, contaminants and microbes.
The method can be applied to a range of environments and study contexts to investigate and determine source-sink relationships, the nature and location of the transport pathways and the rate of transport.
- Coastal management and process assessment studies
- Bioturbation studies
- Contaminated sediment transport and fate studies
- Windblown transport studies
- Marine larvae transport studies
- Scaled physical modelling and related studies
- Soil erosion monitoring
- Urban sediment transport
We design and undertake tracer studies for our clients, including defining study objectives, tracer specification, field deployment and sampling design, tracer analysis and reporting. We use our portfolio of proprietary tracers which are manufactured in our ISO 9001 accredited facility.