If you are a dynamic and entrepreneurial Business Development professional with experience in the marine sector who wants more responsibility, autonomy and opportunity at an ambitious company then keep reading!
Partrac Ltd is the leading provider of metocean and geoscience survey and consulting services in Europe. Since 2003 we’ve been working in offshore wind, marine renewable, dredging, marine construction, oil and gas and aquaculture industries. Our dynamic and highly skilled team consistently delivers quality and innovation to clients and contributes to globally recognised research. Recently we have worked on metocean projects for Floating Offshore windfarms in Europe, sediment tracing in South America and seabed mobility assessments for a range of challenging windfarm sites.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our growing team. As a strategic position that is critical to our growth plans you will spearhead the delivery of our business development strategy working directly with the company directors.
What you will be doing:
The primary focus is to identify, target and coordinate responses to market opportunities, and:
· Implement and develop our business development plan in conjunction with the three Partrac Directors.
· Undertake prospecting campaigns to uncover prospective leads and clients in new markets.
· Build upon and maintain long term relationships within our existing clients, identifying new project opportunities and cross-selling services.
· Build relationships with new clients in existing and new markets, in the UK and Europe (short term).
· Prioritise effort through qualifying leads and subsequently support the go/no-go bid decision.
· Manage and develop Partrac’s CRM database, reporting to the board monthly.
· Present company capability and experience to a wide audience.
· Promote Partrac at industry events such as conferences and exhibitions in the UK and Europe.
· Provide a lead and strategy to develop concise targeted proposals in a timely fashion.
· Develop marketing calendar to deliver consistency in marketing activities
· Prepare press releases and company marketing material.
· Support brand building utilising social media, including LinkedIn.
What you will have:
With a background in marine technology, survey or consultancy, plus demonstrable experience and success in a business development capacity, you will have:
● Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Oceanography, Marine Science, Hydrographic Survey, or a related field.
● A business development focused CV.
● Demonstratable track record of success in any of the following markets; Offshore Wind, O&G, Ports and Harbours, Dredging, Marine Construction.
● Experience of long bidding cycles (6+ months).
● Experience of CRM software.
● Full valid driving License.
● Fluency in English language (spoken and written).
What you will bring:
● Experience in prospecting and delivering targeted business development campaigns.
● Candidates should have experience of interacting with clients at a senior level.
● Understanding of the full sales cycle (i.e. from strategy development to project win).
● Proactive approach
● Strong client focus
● Strong organizational skills.
● Ability to work autonomously and to deadlines.
● Willingness to travel, predominantly UK and Europe.
What you’ll get:
Balance is important at Partrac. We’re based in Devon so we can make the most of our stunning surroundings and enjoy the environment that our business is built on. As well as new challenges, Partrac is a supportive place to work with opportunities for progression, we offer:
– Working in a market leading team with high level of industry recognition.
– A company with an excellent track record in a range of industries.
– Competitive salary + benefits
– Every Saturday and Sunday off
– Awesome coffee
– Please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com telling us why you want to work for Partrac and how your skills and experience will benefit our team.
– Ref: BDM.
– Closing date for applications, 14th July 2020.
– Start date: Immediate (TBA)