Partrac are Europe’s leading independent metocean survey and consultancy company, with a reputation for delivering high quality metocean monitoring campaigns to the growing renewable industries across Europe, including the floating wind markets.
We have a culture of continual improvement, great teamwork, and openness. For candidates with the right aptitude, we offer the opportunity to be involved across our range of projects, to obtain industry-based training, and to develop a career within Partrac and the wider industry.
What you will be doing
Role description – The Senior Metocean Consultant will work within Partrac’s Consulting Division, located in Newcastle. The Senior Metocean Consultant will work with the modelling and analysis team to lead and deliver metocean analysis to clients.
As Senior Consultant with a high level of expertise in the analysis of metocean data, you will act as Partrac’s metocean technical authority, leading and undertaking technical metocean analysis work with other team members. You will be liaising with clients from several sectors, including Offshore Wind, Ports & harbours and Coastal Engineering to assist with their projects across the whole lifecycle. Your expertise will assist clients with site characterisation, cable routes and the design and/or assessment of fixed, floating offshore structures.
To be considered for the role the ideal candidate will bring to the role their experience and knowledge of working within a metocean analysis environment, gained within the offshore sector (e.g., oil and gas; marine renewables,). You will be able to demonstrate a track record of analysis and interpretation of metocean data and undertaking and delivering metocean desktop studies. As Partrac continues to grow within the global offshore wind market, the role will also require the candidate to liaise with the client in a business development capacity.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not restricted to:
- Acting as lead technical authority on metocean processes you will provide guidance and act as an advisory to clients and colleagues
- Leading the delivery of metocean desktop criteria studies including operational and FEED criteria.
- Analysis and interpretation of metocean data
- Conducting statistical analysis including extreme value analysis, joint frequencies and probabilities, p-values etc.
- Liaising with colleagues to ensure robust methodologies for the implementation of statistical and extreme value analysis
- Writing and producing technical reports to a high standard ensuring they are clear, understandable and user-relatable
- Assisting with numerical modelling studies using commercial software packages (e.g. MIKE 21)
- Assisting with the technical inputs for metocean desktop tenders and contracts
- Providing input to establish, maintain and improve quality control protocols relating to data and project outputs
- Assisting the team in developing data analysis tools using MATLAB, Python and new data products.
- Collaborating with peers to deliver metocean projects to a high standard
- Collaborating with members of the geomorphology and coastal processes team to support their project work
- Contributing to relevant CIGs (continuous improvement groups)
- Relevant degree or higher degree within oceanography, engineering or natural sciences
- Minimum 5 years in an analytical metocean field
- Advanced data analysis skills
- Experience in statistical analysis and extreme value analysis
- Report writing skills
- Experience undertaking and delivering metocean desktop studies for offshore engineering applications
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience of hydrodynamical and wave modelling
- Knowledge of Matlab and Python, C or other programming languages
- Familiarity with common metocean measurements systems e.g., wave buoys, ADCPS and Floating LiDAR
- Experience of industry formal accreditation processes (e.g. DNV)
- Leadership skills
- Project management experience
- Experience reviewing reports and managing client expectations
- Experience developing business and client relationships
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
Candidates should be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
What you will get
Working at Partrac means you are trusted to use your initiative. We will give you the freedom to follow your ideas and to make an impact.
You will find yourself in a culture that champions continual improvement, openness, and teamwork. If you are on the lookout for new, better ways to do things and want to be supported by a talented team of peers, you will fit right in here.
Our company is growing quickly, so there are plenty of opportunities for progression. As we are a market-leading team and well respected in our industry, working with us will be an excellent career move.
Some of the benefits our team love include: –
- Interesting and varied projects that make a difference.
- A resilient, dynamic working environment.
- Regular training and professional development.
- A friendly, supportive team environment.
- Generous holiday allowances.
- Flexible working options.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Contributory pension scheme
– Please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you want to work for Partrac and how your skills and experience will benefit our team and our clients.
– Ref: METOC_CONSULT
– Closing Date: 17th June 2022.
– Start date: Immediate.