The UK’s aquaculture industry, dominantly based in Scotland, has been growing over the past 30 years. To successfully develop aquaculture projects, you need a good understanding of the marine environment and the regulations within it.
At Partrac, we use our expert knowledge of aquaculture-environment interactions in combination with survey services (oceanographic surveys, seabed sampling, flow monitoring and modelling), getting you the information you need to make critical decisions. Our teams have helped successfully navigate licence applications to enable the development of bigger, more productive farms.
With our unique understanding of working in remote marine locations, we can help you determine the best way forward for your aquaculture project. Plus, we’ll make sure your project exceeds regulatory requirements.
Some of Scotland’s most ambitious aquaculture projects rely on our data, insights and support. Together, we can increase the certainty of a more successful tomorrow. Let our experience guide you through.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Our team can support numerous areas of aquaculture projects including:
- Current profile, tide, wave and meteorological monitoring
- Water quality monitoring (e.g., turbidity and dissolved oxygen)
- Baseline environmental surveys, sediment analysis (PSD, suspended sediment concentration)
- Numerical tide/wave, New DEPOMOD, particle tracking and ecological modelling
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) modelling
- Desktop studies (with a focus on aquaculture-environment interactions)